My favourite raw dessert
Raw vanilla coconut macaroons
- 1 cup shredded raw unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup raw coconut chips
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt (high quality, such as pink Himalayan - avoid using table salt)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (amber is best)
- 1 tablespoon alcohol free vanilla extract
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Using your hands, turn "dough" into small balls, about 1 inch thick. Place on a plate. Repeat, until all dough is used.
- Place the macaroons in the fridge for 15 minutes or until the cookies are solid.
- Store the macaroons in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.